Top 10 Highest-Paying Jobs With Low Stress
Looking for a new job?
One that pays well without much stress?
No problem – here’s a list of some of the best ones according to Money.com I just caught… Should be pretty easy to just go out and snag one, yeah? 😉
(Stress tolerances ranked from 0-100, with the lower the number the less stressful the job is, per The Department of Labor’s O*NET Online occupational database)
- Materials Scientists — Stress tolerance: 53 // Average salary: $101,910
- Mathematicians — Stress tolerance: 57 // Average salary: $104,700
- Economists — Stress tolerance: 59 // Average salary: $112,650
- Statisticians — Stress tolerance: 59 // Average salary: $88,980
- Geographers — Stress tolerance: 59 // Average salary: $76,790
- Physicists — Stress tolerance: 61 // Average salary: $123,080
- Chemical Engineers — Stress tolerance: 61 // Average salary: $112,430
- Political Scientists — Stress tolerance: 61 // Average salary: $112,030
- Software Applications Developers — Stress tolerance: 61 // Average salary: $106,710
- Materials Engineers — Stress tolerance: 61 // Average salary: $98,610
So basically, the better you are with numbers the better the chance of striking gold! Perhaps since numbers can never talk back or disrespect you?! 😉
I also like that none of these jobs came anywhere close to having a stress level tolerance of 0, haha… Probably because *those* jobs pay next to nothing to have that much fun! Not unlike blogging, where you can make anywhere from $0.00/year to $1,000,000/year with an exact median of $5.00/year – hah!
Still, I like these lists better than the “highest paying jobs in the world” types we’ve shared before since it encompasses a much more well-rounded picture than focusing simply on the money.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but if you’re a highly emotional individual like yours truly, these things tend to matter to your quality of life! Or possibly even having a life, for that matter!
For example, here’s a smattering of some of the more lucrative jobs we’ve featured on this site in the past, of which I’d maybe try two of them if ever forced to, haha…
- Neurosurgeon –> $643,000
- Petroleum Engineer –> $265,000 (here’s the first, though not sure exactly what it entails?)
- Dentist –> $253,000
- Petroleum Geologist –> $247,000
- Actuary –> $208,000 (and here’s the second – because death!!!)
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) –> $205,000
- Underwater Welders –> $100+/hr
- Tattoo Artists –> $100+/hr
Fun to dream about though and how much faster it would get you to FIRE! 🙂 Anyone here rock any of these jobs and can give us some good insight?
Here’s the two posts where these come from if anyone’s interested: 10 Jobs That Make at Least $100 an Hour, and The 6 Best (And Highest Paying!) Jobs in America
How about your job? How would you rate both its stress and pay?
Does it match your personality/lifestyle, or are you completely chasing the money???
It takes all kinds to run this world, so I thank you for your contribution regardless! 🙂
[Prefer to get these blog posts *weekly* instead of daily? Sign up to my new weekly digest here, and get other thoughts on life/business/money as well: jmoney.biz/newsletter]
from Finance http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/top-10-high-paying-jobs-with-low-stress/
Leave a Reply